19 September 2010

surry hills pt. 2


My outfit on the day: Karen Walker blouse, Urban Outfitters scallop shorts, Merino cardigan, Lover tote bag, Tristan Blair shoes.

For dinner, we tried this new Japanese noodle place called "Mappen". It's a self-service type of restaurant where you choose your type of noodles (udon, ramen, or soba) and add-ons, such as the assortment of tempura. If noodles aren't your thing, you can also choose curry rice or don-buri (beef bowl). They also have miso soup and onigiri (rice balls)! I had the udon and I was surprised at how tasty it was cause udon is usually pretty bland for me. What was even more surprising was the PRICE. I forgot the exact amount but I paid $7~ for it!! Very worth the price IMO. Only down side is that it gets packed and there aren't many seats so you'll have to eat and leave straight away. However, definitely going back again!

Mappen
Shop 11, 537 - 551 George Street

Sydney, 2000


No comments:

Post a Comment